[coreboot] Fintek f71882

Andrew nitr0 at seti.kr.ua
Thu Aug 5 22:40:01 CEST 2010

05.08.2010 22:51, Joe Korty пишет:
> I've been thinking it would be a nice little hardware
> project to make my own little bios switcher.
>
> Regards,
> Joe

This solution is already present. It's named 'top hat', used mostly for
reflashing soldered chips and it's easily maked for a hour just from 2
PLCC sockets - both are soldered pin-to-pin except pin 24. For bottom
socket (that is placed on soldered chip and has removed key corner - to
fit on reverse-placed chip) pin 24 is connected to pin 26 (GND), for top
- pin 24 connected to pin 2 (nRST).
Detailed Russian manual with discussion is placed here:
http://www.rom.by/node/3430
IMHO it can be used for socketed flashes with some modifications (I
can't imagine how to plug something over socketed flash - maybe just put
PLCC32 package w/o crystal inside into socket, and solder to it adapter
with switch for 2 PLCC32 chips) - but IMHIO it isn't actual, it's much
easier just to swap flashes in socket or to solder ZIF socket.