[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 15:46:57 CEST 2010

> Ok thank you for all your help. I can boot and run Linux 2.6.33 now and
> I see all four CPU cores in /proc/cpuinfo. I compiled and added SeaBIOS
> as payload for coreboot and it works. I also compiled and added GPXE to
> the image and was able to PXE-boot. However, there are a few problems:
>
> - The server has 4x1GB memory, but I only see 1GB. Why? What can I do?
Send the complete boot log as an attachment and see if anyone can spot the
reason.

> - There is something wrong with the interrupts. When the kernel is
> initializing the ethernet interfaces it says
>
> "Determining IP information for eth0...Disabling IRQ #19"
Did you modify mptable.c and irq_tables.c for your board?  The IRQ routing
is probably different than what the s2881 has.  You can run getpir and look
in /proc/interrupts and lspci when you boot with the factory BIOS.

> Perhaps the below excerp from the serial port output of coreboot is
> significant?
>
> POST: 0x66
> Allocating resources...
> Reading resources...
> APIC: 00 missing read_resources
> APIC: 01 missing read_resources
> APIC: 02 missing read_resources
> APIC: 03 missing read_resources
That's normal.  The APICs don't have any PCI resources.

Thanks,
Myles