[coreboot] K8 SMP broken?

Mick Reed oregon.mick at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 21:52:15 CEST 2010

Torsten, what CPUs do you have?  I have a s2885 with 290s, I can easily*
test your rom.

On Aug 13, 2010 9:02 AM, "Myles Watson" <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Torsten Duwe <duwe at lst.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 August 2010, Myl...
You could send the early log to see if we can spot something.

I just tried SimNOW (serengeti_cheetah), and it works with two
single-core CPUs.  The only thing I thought of was maybe you should
change CONFIG_APIC_ID_OFFSET to 0.  It seems like the problem may be
ID confusion if it's trying to stop something that isn't responding?
I'm not sure at all, but I don't think it will hurt to try.

Good luck,
Myles

coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org