[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Oskar Enoksson enok at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 20 22:16:32 CEST 2010

Oskar Enoksson wrote:
> Myles Watson wrote:
>
>>> I think Myles was right, there is a i2c mux in this server that somehow
>>> multiplexes DIMM devices on the i2c bus. I was able to guess which i2c
>>> ports contain the DIMM info, and which port is the mux, then added the
>>> mux to devicetree.cb and the DIMM ports under it. Now I'm able to use
>>> memory from both CPU's, at least for the combination of DIMM's I have
>>> (2x2x1GB and 2x2x512MB).
>>>

>> I'm glad it worked out!
>>

>>> So I'm basically able to use these servers now. I would love to have
>>> ACPI and Cool'nQuiet of course, perhaps I'll try to do that later.
>>>
>>> Thanks very much for all help! If you want me to commit the new
>>> mainboard to your svn repository let me know.
>>>

>> Yes, please.  If you'll send your latest patch with a Signed-off-by: line,
>> I'll take it from there.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Myles
>>

> I hope this file is the way you want it. I did "svn cp
> src/mainboard/tyan/s2881 src/mainboard/hp/dl145_g1" and then modified
> the files, then "svn diff src/mainboard" so I assume you should do the
> same svn cp operation, then apply my patch, then commit to retain the
> original files' history.

I have fixed several problems and now it boots reliably for both and
older dual Opteron 248 server and an upgraded dual Opteron 280 server.

memtest86+ doesn't work, but according to another mailinglist thread
memtest cannot handle tables in high memory, so that seems to be a
memtest issue.

Attached is a cleaned-up patch. Thanks to Myles and others for excellent
help and support. I hope someone finds the result useful.