[coreboot] MSI K9A2 Platinum v2 support?

Sander Vermin sander at vermin.nl
Sun Dec 5 13:31:50 CET 2010

Hey guys,

I have a MSI K9A2 Platinum v2 (MS-7376) [1] motherboard, it has a AMD®
790FX+SB600 chipset. I would like to experiment with coreboot (and
seabios). How much work would it be to get this board supported?

I boot my system from a 3ware SE9650 raid controller is this supported
in coreboot?

I have some skills soldering (smd 0402, tssop and other small stuff) can
read/write c (lowlevel) code and develop hardware for $DAYJOB. What kind
of debugging tools do I need? I saw the post cards and usb debug port
debuggers how much do these cost?

Best regards,

Sander Vermin