[coreboot] Support ASUS M4A78PRO motherboard ?

N. Pattakos pattakosn at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 12:03:51 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I have followed the mailing list for a couple of years now and I would now like
to try installing coreboot to my desktops. I am not a hardware person but I
will try to get both of my desktops supported.

The first mobo I intend to "port" is an ASUS M4A78 PRO which is not listed as a
supported motherboarf. I saw that ASUS M4A78EM is and they are pretty similar so
I guess I should be lucky.
My mboard has a fam10h Northbridge and AMD 780G/SB700 southbridge and I will
test using an AMD 7750 (2core, K10 based, 2.7ghz) cpu. I am not using it right
now to post more information but I guess these are enough to begin with.

To begin with I read everything I found on your web page and bought a spare BIOS
chip (hopefully the correct one :p . I downloaded and built seabios to use as a
payload and then built a coreboot image for the M4A78EM mobo which I am ready to
flash as soon as I get my new BIOS chip.

However, I bet it will not work. Can someone please help me move on? What do I
do next ? What should I look for? I am completely lost from this point on

Best regards
Nikos

Nicholas Pattakos
       http://www.dwheeler.com/innovation/microsoft.html
The world is divided into people who do things and people who
get the credit. Try, if you can, to belong to the first class.
There's far less competition.
                                                  Dwight Morrow