[coreboot] Support ASUS M4A78PRO motherboard ?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:49:32 CET 2010

> To begin with I read everything I found on your web page and bought a
> spare BIOS
> chip (hopefully the correct one :p . I downloaded and built seabios to use
> as a
> payload and then built a coreboot image for the M4A78EM mobo which I am
> ready to
> flash as soon as I get my new BIOS chip.
>
> However, I bet it will not work. Can someone please help me move on? What
> do I
> do next ? What should I look for? I am completely lost from this point on

While you're waiting, you could:

- Check the serial port with another computer and a null-modem cable
- Compare the lspci from the M4A78 PRO & EM
- Check to see if the SuperIO is the same
- Try out AMD SimNOW with coreboot to familiarize yourself with the boot
process

Once you get output from the serial port that you can send to the list, it's
easier to help you.

Thanks,
Myles