[coreboot] 440BX - DFI P2XBL - Which Target?

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:09:20 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 01:55:15AM -0500, Keith Hui wrote:
>Load up the factory BIOS again. Find three sticks of single sided and
>3 of double sided RAM. I'm looking for dumps of the PCI config space
>for 440BX itself, for as much combinations of RAM population you can
>collect as possible. RAM population as in which RAM stick gets
>installed in which slot. MBFS is bytes 0xCA to 0xCC. MBSC is bytes
>0x69 to 0x6E. Might as well just dump the whole 0x60 and 0xC0 rows.

I think I see this now.  Do, lspci -xxxx and look within device
"00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel".  Document and post rows c0 & 60.

I'll start doing this tomorrow with 3 mix-match DIMMS and yank 3 of my 256M
Tyan DIMMS.

I'm going to guess, you don't need the sizes and slots documented corresponding
to each lspci -xxxx, as you're just going for an average?

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/