[coreboot] dell server BIOS setting insanity

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:05:34 CET 2010

Do you know if it is in CMOS or FLASH? I could not tell.

If in CMOS it's trivial to script and they're going to want that
script, because in the typical factory BIOS these settings have a way
of "reverting to default", which is why we once had 4600 nodes come up
and want a keyboard to be attached; they forgot that we'd told them
there were no keyboards.  ... and those are hardly the only nodes
we've seen the problem on over the last 10 years.

ron