[coreboot] newconfig to Kconfig for Dummies

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Feb 4 05:47:32 CET 2010

 > -->  Please help porting all boards from newconfig to Kconfig<--
 >
 > This is a lot of janitor work and we can use your helping hands.
 > The sooner we can get rid of Kbuild, the better. The KBuild report
 > on the mailing list shows the config differences between newconfig
 > and Kconfig. In theory, all Kconfig configs should be equal to their
 > newconfig pendant. In practice it's better to come close but stay
 > clean.
 >
 > -->  Please help porting all boards from newconfig to Kconfig<--

Hello,
I really want to get my boards up to date, but I really don't know where
to start. I ran the kbuildall util on my boards, stared at the the files
it created for about an hour and then walked away. Being new to Kconfig
and all I am a bit lost. If someone could please write a brief
"newconfig to Kconfig for Dummies" I would be truly grateful.
Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org