[coreboot] MP table multicore patch

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Fri Feb 12 17:47:05 CET 2010

> tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com wrote:
> > I have patched src/arch/i386/smp/mpspec.c to write a correct, multi-core
> > MP table under amdfam10.
>
> I think this is very desirable and a great functionality improvement!

Thanks!

> But this code is not nice at all.
You're right, it is quite complex for what it does.  It was hacked
together over a period of about 30 minutes just to get my board working.
Also, I wasn't sure if there would be any interest in such a feature when
I submitted the patch.

> Could you shift it around so that it uses continue aggressively, and
> has shorter variable names?
Sure thing.

> It looks like that could reduce
> indentation two or three levels, and then the code might actually be
> visible in my terminal...
Heh.  I have the same problem in my Webmail client!

> Is this romcc code? If not, maybe it could even be recursive..
Not sure, but I know it is very sensitive.  Running printk here reliably
crashed coreboot, so the stack may be limited; I didn't want to risk
recursion causing some problem later on for anyone else.

> //Peter

I probably won't be able to get to this for a couple weeks, as the board I
was working with has already entered production.  I should have an
identical board in a week or two that I can experiment with.

Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering