[coreboot] Executing bootstrap from MBR in coreboot

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at embedded-engineering.pl
Wed Feb 24 08:38:00 CET 2010

2010/2/23 Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:
> As Joseph pointed out you could look at SeaBIOS, which has quickly
> become a very complete BIOS implementation. SeaBIOS runs well as a
> coreboot payload, and if you combine coreboot and SeaBIOS you will
> indeed have a legacy compatible open source firmware.

I'm afraid that I will have to write my own part of code which will be
responsible to execute a boostrap. At this moment I use the old
version of coreboot project (practically LinuxBIOS 2.0.0), because
only in this release my target board (MSM800BEV) is fully supported
out of the box. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the

uint64_t high_tables_base = 0;
uint64_t high_tables_size;

variables which are necessary to proper SeaBIOS work (according with
http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS document).

Maybe do you have any documents or advices about using SeaBIOS with
this coreboot version?

Thanks for your interest.

--
Piotr Piwko