[coreboot] Executing bootstrap from MBR in coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 25 19:08:40 CET 2010

On 25.02.2010 16:04, Myles Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Piotr Piwko <piotr.piwko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/2/24 Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com>:
>>> Given the boot logs it's very possible that someone on the list will fix
>>> it for you.  In most cases it only takes a few iterations.

The "someone on the list" would be me. I still care about v3 and Geode,
but my feature/bugfix request backlog is huge, and I can't start before
end of April at the earliest, so my best bet would be September before I
can tackle this. And even then, I probably won't have time to focus on
hardware I don't own.

>> We were discussing about fixing this coreboot-v3 bug in my previous
>> thread (http://www.mail-archive.com/coreboot@coreboot.org/msg21110.html)
> Sorry about my misunderstanding.  I should have looked to see that your
> board was a Geode-based board.
>> Anyway, as you've suggested, I'm sending my logs of successful
>> LinuxBIOS and failure coreboot-v3 startup process.
> I was actually hoping for the log from the failure of the current v2 head.
> Very few people are interested in fixing v3.  Maybe one of them will take
> you up on it, though.

Piotr, you said that the project is time critical. As I wrote above, my
help would come too late for you.
Maybe you can ask coresystems for an offer.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth