[coreboot] New Target - HowTo

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:36:23 CET 2010

Hi Radim,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Radim <radim100 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm interested in coreboot for year or two, but now I found older board which has all supported chips on. Some time ago, I found in documentation how to make add new target (mainboard), but now I can't find it anymore. Can you please point me to some documentations dealing with this process (creating Kconfig, devicetree.cb, ...)?
>
> My board is:
>
> QDI P6I440BX/B1 Brilliant - I
>
> lspci output:
>
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 02)
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 02)
> 00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
> 00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
> 00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
> 00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
>
> Very similar board is ASUS P2B, same chips but different vendor (bud PCB layout is very similar).
>
> Flashrom is working, PLCC32 socket soldered on board, additional EEPROM prepared, so where can I start?

A lot of stuff has moved around recently as coreboot has gone to v4
and we are behind in our documentation. Start with the most recent
build how to, http://www.coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO, and
http://www.coreboot.org/Coreboot_Options, and . Older porting guides
will help you with the device setup. Ask questions in IRC #coreboot on
freenode.  It would be a big help if you were to document your
experience porting this platform.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com