[coreboot] coreboot and brltty

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 17:48:46 CET 2010

Hi Miguel,

On 26.02.2010 15:14, Miguel Ross wrote:
> access bios with a braille display.

coreboot does not have any user interface or BIOS screen during boot, so
blind and seeing people can't access it anyway.

coreboot supports something we call payloads. A payload can be a boot
loader or a configuration screen or a memory tester or a BIOS emulator
or some other software. The payload is the first chance to interact with
the system, so brltty would have to be implemented in the payload.
If you only want to change BIOS settings, you can do that with nvramtool
from a Linux command line. I do not know if nvramtool works with brltty.
It would be great if you could provide feedback for nvramtool so that we
can make sure that it works fine for blind users.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel