[coreboot] Problems porting H8dmr_fam10 to H8qme-2+

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Mon Jan 4 15:48:20 CET 2010

Kevin O'Connor escribió:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 02:35:31PM +0100, Knut Kujat wrote:
>
>> Kevin O'Connor escribió:
>>
>>> Is this an onboard VGA device?  If so, the rom may be in flash instead
>>> of in the PCI rom space - in which case you should try following the
>>> directions at:
>>>
>>> http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS#Adding_a_VGA_option_ROM
>>>

>> Yip, finally as you and Myles suggested adding the vga rom to the cbfs
>> manually made SeaBios find it. The only thing is that I had to go back
>> to SeaBios 4.2 because 5.0 wasn't still able to get it right. Btw, yes
>> it this a onboard vga (ATI 1000ES).
>>

> That's odd.  Can you forward the log files (debug set to 8) from
> SeaBIOS v0.5.0 and SeaBIOS v0.4.2?
>
> -Kevin

Hi,
on SeaBios 0.4.2 only debug level 6 is possible because if I set up
level 8 it fails compiling with:

out/rombios.lds:18 cannot move location counter backwards (from
00000000000f7475 to 00000000000f7230)
make: *** [out/rom.o] Error 1

and if i low it down to 7 it fails with:

out/rombios.lds:18 cannot move location counter backwards (from
00000000000f743d to 00000000000f7310)
make: *** [out/rom.o] Error 1

setting it to 6 makes it compile.

On SeaBios 0.5.0 compiling with debug level 8 works fine.

Please find the two logs attached.

Thx,
Knut Kujat.