[coreboot] #104: flashrom: Partial operations; change flash drivers to not erase in the write function

coreboot svn at coreboot.org
Sat Jan 16 02:00:29 CET 2010

#104: flashrom: Partial operations; change flash drivers to not erase in the
write function
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
   Reporter:  stuge                |          Owner:  hailfinger
       Type:  enhancement          |         Status:  new
Patchstatus:  there is no patch    |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment(by hailfinger):

 Yes, patch 582 is just a part of the solution, but I think it is a
 prerequisite to solve this completely. The idea behind patch 582 is to
 annotate struct flashchip with erase granularity (separate patch!) and use
 that info and patch 582 to determine whether we need an erase or not.

 The removal of unconditional erase is halfway done. A few chips remain,
 but Sean Nelson is tackling them right now.

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/ticket/104#comment:13>
coreboot <http://www.coreboot.org/>