[coreboot] #101: flashrom: Remove pciutils check from Makefile

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jan 16 02:17:41 CET 2010

On 16.01.2010 00:55, Peter Stuge wrote:
> coreboot wrote:
>>   * resolution:  => fixed
>> Comment:
>>  This has been solved by making the libpci check conditional on actually
>>  needing libpci (i.e. not for the serial and USB and dummy flashers).
> I disagree with this. The point was to create a configure script and
> check for pciutils one time only.

I may have misunderstood the point of the bug in that case. Sorry about

Quoting from the original bug description:
> the check also claims that packages can not be found for any build
> error, which is not good enough.

The code changed months ago to fix this issue, and since that was 72% of
the bug description text, I felt it was appropriate to close the bug.

Side note: Last time I tried to split up Makefile into Makefile and
configure, there was strong opposition against that idea. I do listen to
others, and since it works for users right now (and is admittedly easier
to use), it is unlikely that such a split will happen.
Feel free to open a ticket for this, preferably in flashrom trac at

Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."