[coreboot] [ANNOUNCE] Roda RK886EX (Rocky III+) notebook support

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 17 01:40:10 CET 2010

Hi Stefan,

Absolutely awesome! Congratulations! This is really great news.

On 16.01.2010 20:09, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> I am especially glad to announce that coresystems GmbH is
> releasing coreboot® for the Roda RK886EX a.k.a Rocky III+ notebook
> today. It's a rugged notebook, protected against shock, vibration, dust
> and humidity:
> http://www.roda-computer.com/en/products/notebooks/rocky-iii-rk886ex.html
>
> We have been testing various Linux distributions as well as Windows XP
> and Windows 7 booting on this nice notebook.

And full Windows/Linux support also means this is a device that can be
used by non-technical people who do not know anything about coreboot. It
also is a great vehicle to demonstrate to vendors how well coreboot can
work.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel