[coreboot] [ANNOUNCE] Roda RK886EX (Rocky III+) notebook support

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:05:59 CET 2010

So here's a question. I wonder if there are laptops out there that are
"largely compatible" with the rocky?

There's a real cybersecurity angle here, by the way. There are many
organizations both in and out of governments that have concerns about
proprietary binary-only BIOSes -- what's in there? Given the recent
discovery that some proprietary BIOSes can be hacked by just changing
the OEM logo, I think this concern is valid.

Esp. given this sort of thing:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/30/intel_bios_security_bug/
as seen on: http://invisiblethingslab.com/itl/Press.html

This has even led to proposals to move to ARM-based systems in some
agencies, simply because the ARM is perceived as being an open
"ecosystem", and increasingly most x86 platforms are not perceived the
same way.

ron