[coreboot] H8DME-2

Daniel J. Celta dcelta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:02:16 CEST 2010

Has anyone updated this Supermicro server Board BIOS for the H8DME-2......

I have installed FC10, (i was able to complete this installation by turning
of the RAID configuration in the BIOS), and now I am having trouble when
trying to upgrade the Operating system to FC13.

I suspect, if I update the BIOS, I currently have the version of the BIOS
that came pre-installed with the server, I may be able to upgrade to FC13.

One thing I like to mention, when running "make menuconfig" I was not sure
of the ROM Chip size, and used the largest available setting 4MB.

- How can I check the proper setting for this parameter????

So now, I have created the coreboot.rom, and think I am ready to run
"flashrom".......

- Is there anything else I need to check before I pull the trigger???

- Has anyone had any problems I should be aware of????

Thanks

Daniel