[coreboot] Re H8DME-2

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jul 6 12:33:10 CEST 2010

Daniel,

Daniel J. Celta wrote:
> I wiould have no means to get to that chip and flash it back with
> the original BIOS........ :(
>
> Is there a way to test if the LinuxBIOS would work, without locking
> myself out....... ????

As you know, coreboot replaces your factory BIOS. So there is no way
to boot your system if coreboot does not work on the first try. This
will not likely happen. :)

Make sure that you have some way to recover. Use a second mainboard
to flash your chip, or better yet buy a few spare flash chips and
program them with your factory BIOS while developing coreboot.

> Has anyone done this on this board?????

The process is identical for all boards.

//Peter