[coreboot] 3 questions about coreboot

ali hagigat hagigatali at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:44:46 CEST 2010

Stefan,

BIOS chip is not connected to CPU directly after reset!!

It is connected to the south bridge and it is on the PCI bus.

When CPU gets ready  to read from F000:FFF0, this request travels to BIOS
chip.

> I mean the hardware immediately accesses BIOS chip after reset but at
> > some point all memory read/write cycles are claimed by 945 and memory
> > controller?
> > No, that assumption is not true.

If not so what happens? CPU does not have address/data buses directly
attached to the BIOS chip.

Thank you to answer the questions.