[coreboot] compiling coreboot

Anders Jenbo anders at jenbo.dk
Sun Jul 25 02:41:20 CEST 2010

On 21-07-2010 14:06, ali hagigat wrote:
> My first impression from the BIOS open source project was an effort to
> expand knowledge not to earn money!!
No the project is not about making money. If you pay some one to help
you learn it, it would be a private deal between you and that person,
not you and "coreboot".

I don't even know how to start a hallo world program in C, still I was
able to port 2 boards, improve memory initilization for the 440BX
chipset. My first mail to this list was to aske if my board was
supported, my secound was sending the patch for the 440BX chip. So all
the needed info to get started is clearly out there, you just have to
want to read and understand it. The information that you will find on
the wiki is probably more complete and more indebted then what you will
get by asking some one as it has been thought threw a couple of times.

You won't really be learning that much about the PC BIOS from Coreboot,
so if that is your goal you should probably look in to SeaBIOS or send
emails to eurosupport at phoenix.com

- Anders