[coreboot] good pci card for COM1?

Cristi Magherusan cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Fri Jul 30 10:58:11 CEST 2010

Hi Ron,

În Joi, Iulie 29, 2010 23:32, ron minnich a scris:
> Anybody got a good line on a PCI card that would implement COM1? We
> have this Intel smackover DX58SO mainboard that has no serial :-)
> thanks
> ron

There are plenty such boards, but they might need a driver so YMMV.

For better speed, I recommend you the netconsole implemented by ruik for
RTL8029AS. Such a card costs even less and is already supported by

Ruik has 20 or so and willing to ship them, but I think getting this card
will be cheaper and faster than shipping from Czech Republic.

Cristian Magherusan-Stanciu,
System Engineer, Nokia Romania.