[coreboot] Nokia IP530 finally fully working

mbertens mbertens at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 1 23:32:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 14:24 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> pcmcia-cardbus-driver.diff:
>
> I think all three chips should be handled by the same file.
>
> Then you'll only have to duplicate this structure:
>
> +static const struct pci_driver ti_pci1420_driver __pci_driver = {
> +        .ops    = &ti_pci1420_ops,
> +        .vendor = PCI_VENDOR_ID_TI,
> +        .device = PCI_DEVICE_ID_TI_1420,
> +};
hmm, when you put then in one file the image size of coreboot increases,
maybe for current systems to a problem, but there are system with less
rom space. And to create an abstraction so that later other chipset
could be easly added to it, that require some additional programming.
Thats the reason i did it this way. But if you want then in one file no
problem.

> We don't normally use CONFIG values to set registers.  Should they
> really be configurable?
>
> +pci_write_config8( dev, 0x0C, CONFIG_DEC21143_CACHE_LINE_SIZE );

On my system it was needed to set this specific value to 0, but some
will need 0x40 (64). So that why i made it configurable. As for the
registers that i made configurable is for others who have the same
chipset but need for those registers other values, without making for
each board a specific piece of code just made it generic with some
CONFIG_xx values, to my opinion it makes coreboot more flexable for
other implementations.

For the pcmcia/cardbus contollers i want to do the same thing, due to
the fact that there also are some more speficic board configuration
issues.

> Thanks,
> Myles

Let me know how to continue.