[coreboot] Booting UHCI with FILO

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Jun 8 13:35:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:23:31 +0200, Stefan Reinauer
<stefan.reinauer at coresystems.de> wrote:
> On 6/8/10 12:47 PM, Joseph Smith wrote:
>>> That error message is in the linux decompression code and appears when
>>> it can't malloc the necessary memory (32kb), or if it's asked to
>>> decompress to address 0.
>>>
>>> I guess that this either means that linux doesn't find usable memory
>>> tables, or that some parts of the linux bootblock data structure are
not
>>> filled in correctly.
>>> The latter can happen when the kernel version is too new for the used
>>> linux loader.
>>>

>> Thanks Patrick.
>> Hmm by linux loader you mean FILO? I was booting this directly from the
>> FILO prompt. FYI the same OS boots fine from regular hard drive, and the
>> Live USB image boots fine on another PC.
>>

> Is this the latest svn libpayload and filo?

This was from about a week ago. I know Patrick just made some changes to
UHCI stack, so maybe I will try new version. I was kind of wondering if
that would fix it though? Or, if this is completly different problem.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org