[coreboot] coreboot on Dell c600

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Jun 10 15:36:42 CEST 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:24:07 +0200, palito at o2.pl <palito at o2.pl> wrote:
> Did any progress was made in the matter of coreboot on laptops and with
> Dell C600 Latitude? As I am googling the net and the mailing list I see
> that my chipset is supported but still I am bit afraid to flash it with
> coreboot. Any suggestion except mounting a socket for changeable chips?

Hello and welcome,
I will say it again. I would love to see coreboot running on C600.
Unfortunately it will not run with out some development. You see the Dell
C600 has a AGP video card. AGP has not been implemented on i830 because my
i830 boards only have on-board graphics. So unless you are willing to roll
up your sleeves and dig in it may be a while. Of course if someone wanted
to donate a C600 to the cause I would be glad to get coreboot running on
it.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org