[coreboot] unable to boot linux with coreboot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 20:25:16 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM, mbertens <mbertens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 08:25 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:55 PM, mbertens <mbertens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > i have a strong problem that im not able to boot any os wit coreboot, it
>> > starts (linux) ut it hangs after 128 sec.
>> >
>> > http://pastebin.com/uBT8JdH4
>> >
>> > Anyone any ideas
>> I think you'd get a better response if you gave a little more information:
>>
>> 1. Have you ever been able to boot Linux with Coreboot?  If yes, what
>> revision?  Have you checked to see what revision broke it?
>>
>> 2.  What loader are you using?  I know I could tell by going to the
>> link, but more information in the mail helps generate interest enough
>> to follow the link.
>>
>> 3....  Anything else you think is relevant.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Myles
>
> I was able to boot coreboot, with multiple revisions but none of the
> will boot anymore, bacially like the boot log i provided, but i'm lost
> at the moment. I don't known any more where to look for the problem.
>
> I'm currently booting the latest revision, that was ok, and also an
> earlier revistion was booting fine, but now not any more.

Do you have an earlier (working) log to compare with?

Have you always gotten these errors?
ERROR: PNP: 03f0.7 60 io size: 0x0000000001 not assigned
ERROR: PNP: 03f0.7 62 io size: 0x0000000001 not assigned
ERROR: PNP: 03f0.7 70 irq size: 0x0000000001 not assigned
ERROR: PNP: 03f0.7 72 irq size: 0x0000000001 not assigned

Thanks,
Myles