[coreboot] Strange ROMCC failure with Rev 5623

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:16:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if we just agree that host machines have a lot of RAM, romcc is
> not a long-running program, and life will be easier if nothing gets
> freed.  How much RAM are we talking about?  It might be easier to
> debug if nothing gets zeroed.

Reasonable. You could at least try it. Use LD_PRELOAD and make free()
a no-op :-)

It's ugly but sometimes ...

there are times when it's simpler to consume resources and keep in
mind that on exit, they're freed (you'd be surprised how often I have
to point out to people that doing lots of work to free memory before
calling exit() has no effect on the system free memory -- "You mean
the system can somehow free the process memory when the process
exits?" -- I'm not kidding!)

ron