[coreboot] [commit] r5180 - in trunk/src/mainboard/msi: . ms9652_fam10

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon Mar 1 15:57:00 CET 2010

Am 01.03.2010 15:51, schrieb Peter Stuge:
>> From comparing hashes (and the use of apc_auto.c on a Fam10 board),
>> it seems that it was derived from tyan/s2912_fam10.
>
> I think Fam10 support will become more popular. It would be great if
> somehow not so much code ended up being duplicated next time.
Ron had even more suggestions for improvement, but the patch was already
harder to apply because of my changes to the build system.

I'm all for unifying code, even across chipsets and vendors - and there
are many opportunities, but this was not the time.

It might be a good thing to compare tyan/s2912_fam10 (if that's indeed
the ancestor) and this board, to identify common parts that could be
factored out - we have a live example, with small divergence inbetween.

Everything we get done now will simplify the job for the next board, as
every feature not to maintain is an issue less for the developer to care
about.

Any takers?

Patrick