[coreboot] GSoC 2010

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 15:50:25 CET 2010

On 06.03.2010 14:45, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 06.03.2010 10:03, Jason Wang wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Darmawan Salihun wrote:
>>> Flashrom used to have Windows port that I worked on back in 2007
>>> (Winflashrom). I'm willing to help if any student want to port to
>>> Windows 7. I'm not a student anymore ;-)
>> i am thinking who about making flashrom can be used under windows?
> I think Stefan Reinauer already ported flashrom to Windows 7, AFAIK
> somewhat based on the original Windows port. Look here:
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/flashrom/2009-August/000239.html .
> Darmawan, it would be cool if you could look at this as well. flashrom
> now has a lot better abstraction than back when you did the original
> Windows port, and merging Stefan's patch should be possible. It's been a
> while, but I think DirectIO for Windows hasn't been released yet.

To summarize:
I don't think porting flashrom to Windows would be a good GSoC task.

Porting flashrom to DOS would be interesting, but I have no idea if our
coding style allows usage of old compilers for DOS.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth