[coreboot] Supermicro H8QME-2+ mct_d fatal exit.

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Wed Mar 10 17:26:47 CET 2010

Hi,

I finally know that my issue must be related with the smbus registers
because on a vendor bios running machine and using i2cdetect and i2cdump
I get several values for different i2c devices detected, I get the same
values when I successfully start with coreboot. But when I start with
coreboot and fail with mcr_d fatal exit those registers are blank, I
know that because I found a nice piece of code dumping smbus registers
on the h8dme board :D thx to the autor!!

I also know that reading these registers out may cause them to get lost!
I'm not sure why?!

Now my question is how do I initialize these registers with the values
known from the vendor BIOS? smb_write_byte doesn't seems to work or
maybe I'm using it wrong.

THX,
Knut Kujat.