[coreboot] coreboot on "acer aspire 1520"

Paweł Stawicki stawel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 21:37:38 CET 2010

W dniu 16 marca 2010 18:43 użytkownik Rudolf Marek
<r.marek at assembler.cz>napisał:

> Hi,
>
> Uh it has VT8235, so gen older then I expected, perhaps this chip is not so
> well supported like vt8237 but it is quite similar.
>
> All it looks like a lot of work but without much gain for the community, of
> course you can do that but it will take lot of time to make it work, maybe 6
> months or even more.
>
> Do you know how the EC is connected or what kind of embedded controller the
> board has?
>
> Rudolf

6 months seems long but I ready for that challenge :-) its
a good chance to become familiar with the PC architecture.
displaying logs only, took me 2 weeks so I'm prepared for that.

ok, the EC is a M38857 chip (Renesas M3885 family)
I don't know the board connections of it but I have a
multimeter and a oscilloscope - so maybe I while
figure it out in the future :-)