[coreboot] Kconfig defconfig

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Mar 30 02:22:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:07:33 +0200, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
> On 3/30/10 1:28 AM, Joseph Smith wrote:
>> Hello,
>> How hard would it be to point Kconfig to look for a defconfig in the
>> mainboard directory?
>> In util/kconfig/confdata.c:
>> Change:
>> const char conf_defname[] = "arch/$ARCH/defconfig";
>> to point to:
>> const char conf_defname[] = "..
> src/mainboard/VENDOR/MAINBOARD/defconfig";
>> Or something like that???
> Give it a try and send a patch... :-)
I think I will.

> What are you trying to achieve in particular? Are the defaults set in
> Kconfig not good enough?
They are good for item in your mainboard Kconfig. But, if you want to set
defaults in northbridge, southbridge, or superio, it would be really nice
to have a defconfig. I think would make things alot easier for a coreboot

For example, to add a vga bios, you wouldn't have to add vender,device
...it would already be there in menuconfig.

Joseph Smith