[coreboot] Indtast Bcc computers with Coreboot BIOS

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat May 1 18:05:41 CEST 2010

For really practical use of coreboot the mainboards need to come
loaded and supported from the vendor. That's what I've been pushing on
for the last few years.

And vendors are starting to listen -- not because of me, I suspect,
but because of their other customers. There are Tier 1 vendors out
there talking and others are now telling me they can give me systems
with coreboot already on them and that they have coreboot capable
people on staff. This is a huge change.

None too soon: ARMs are becoming a key part of the server systems
available this year and they already have a free bios -- U-boot --
which is one important advantage over x86 systems for many customers.
At some point the x86 universe will wake up and realize it has a new
competitor, one that is just a bit more open in many ways.

Not surprisingly the "EFI for ARM" concept has not gotten very far; I
think people want to know what's running on their machines.

ron