[coreboot] H8QME-2+ boot problems on different machines.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:58:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason he got to that conclusion was that the same motherboard boots
> differently with a different CPU and the identical BIOS.  I don't understand
> how it could be a wiring issue.

I went back and managed to misunderstand the post, I thought it was
same motherboard type but two different boards.

Sorry.

> I think this can be problematic, since by the time you can dump the factory
> BIOS resource allocation has already occurred.  The resource map is only
> good for early initialization, before resource allocation, right?

hmm. I had always used the bios map as a starting point and it had
worked well for me.
But maybe things are much harder now. It is true that you need to do a bit of
interpretation of the map once the factory BIOS has set it up.

Does resource allocation get all the bits, even legacy ones? Are there
not some resource map values that
a resource allocator can not figure out?

ron