[coreboot] sony vgn-fz21n support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu May 20 09:30:16 CEST 2010

On 5/20/10 4:09 AM, ahmet alper parker wrote:
> I know it is still not easy to support laptops, but is it possible to
> support coreboot on my vaio vgn-fz21m now?
> Best Regards...
>
> Details:
> Probably the motherboard is cited as: PCG-391M
> http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VGN-FZ21M&l=en_GB

The good news is the i965 is rather similar to the i945 so you might
have  fair chance of the needed changes not eating up months but only weeks.

The flash chip is attached to the EC. So better try to get the EC's
datasheets and solder a TSOP socket to the laptop's mainboard so you
have some means of recovery.

Also make sure you have a USB debug device because the laptop has no serial.

In order to do this I suggest you get a 965 board with serial port
first, port coreboot to that, and then continue from there.

Stefan