[coreboot] SIS630ET coreboot challenge

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Mon May 24 20:38:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,

After hours spent yesterday, some Chipquik, one heatgun pass, and a
dead board scare later, I managed to solder a PLCC socket on my TUSI-M
board.

SIS630ET is still on my radar, but I'm going to need some help.

In the spirit of the "coreboot challenge" below, let me propose
another one: Port coreboot v4 to SIS630ET, then to Asus TUSI-M.
This is a challenge because most if not all of the SIS chipsets have
no public documentation, and so far from reversing my factory BIOS I
don't recognize any of the registers the TUSI-M factory BIOS programs,
after reading what's available from coreboot v1. To be legally safe, I
would like one person/team to reverse the factory BIOS of a number of
630ET boards, then produce a documentation. Then another person/team
(can be myself) do the port to that documentation.

And one interesting bit: I noticed a special check for "CentaurHauls"
CPUID in the factory BIOS, which also uses CAR.

Cheers
Keith