[coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Tue May 25 15:23:50 CEST 2010

On 05/25/10 14:29, Joseph Smith wrote:

>>> S30 comes with different flash/ram combos.
>>> Mine has 32MB Flash/ 64MB RAM
>>>

>> I wonder where the flash is located at, in the bios chip, or if it's an
>> IDE devices 'flash' thing.
>>
> Yes, there is a funny little connector (looks like something you would see
> in a laptop) connected to a 32MB IDE flash disk module. I can boot Linux
> over USB and in Linux it looks just like a IDE hard drive. The S30 only has
> a 256k bios chip. Only other difference is it has CS5535 southbridge with a
> VIA USB 2.0 chip.

44 pin mini IDE; the S10 has that aswell, THE reason I am speeding up my
coreboot interest, the default bios boots from the IDE device just fine,
however when it does not boot from the IDE device (or maybe even then?)
it'll set the IDE interface to disabled from the bios and it won't
detect/run any disks from the header. Might be to not confuse Wyse OS
and try to export it? Who knows.

So I'm guessing, the S10 gives bigger bios chips (2MB) so wyse OS can
reside there, and the S30-S50 use smaller bios chips (without Wyse OS)
and Wyse OS (if at all) on the IDE flash.

The reason I'm after all this, is I have purchased 1G and 4G Disk on
Flash module (e.g. a very very basic ssd)