[coreboot] Patch for Nokia-IP530, now with working PIRQ table, patch on 5591

mbertens mbertens at xs4all.nl
Wed May 26 22:15:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 11:00 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> +			// fix made by Marc Bertens <mbertens at xs4all.nl>
> +			if (link > 0x5f) {
> +				// This is basically for the 440BX
> +				link -= 0x5f;
> +			}
>
> I'd prefer this to be guarded by
> #if CONFIG_NORTHBRIDGE_INTEL_440BX (or whatever the correct one is)
I was thinking of it to put it that way, but i'd. But i will make the
changes to the code.

> It would also be nice to have an explanation.
And give more explaination why the change was made.

> The rest of your patch touches a lot of code with little explanation.  It
> takes a lot more time to review patches like that.  For a faster review you
> should split it up into pieces that add functionality.  For example, the
I will give the patches in seperate diffs, with more explainations

> heap size (which seems really large) part of the patch should have an
> explanation of what problem you see with a normal heap size.
I was running in to problems with the heap size, therefor i increased it
to such a value that it would not bother me again :-). I will decrease
the value for it to see on which value it needs to be.

> Thanks,
> Myles

This is my first attempt to develop in an open source environment. And
i'm still learning things ie "the coding standard", i hope that i'm not
to much trouble, i will get it right one day :-)

Marc