[coreboot] [Re: coreboot] Wyse S10 Information

Nils njacobs8 at hetnet.nl
Fri May 28 22:05:23 CEST 2010

Oliver wrote:
>I know of the MTD driver yes, I did actually disable it in my kernel
>that I built using openwrt 'doh'. Could you give me more information
>int his regard?
I also don`t know that much about it,sorry.
At one point i used an openwrt squashfs? image and that worked but was
missing some drivers.
>What flash is being used though, something from the board? Or is the
>IDE disk used as an MTD device?
As far as i know the flashboard is a MTD device.
You have to be careful with write access for the operating system
because the write and erase cycles are limited.
It is not an real ide disk.
> I get a message from the pata_cs5536 driver that IDE is disabled by
>the bios; and of course no option to enable it.
I use linux kernel 2.6.24 witch is the only one i found that works
with the flashboard with ide driver.(maybe a bug in 2.6.24?)
I wil send you my config.
I use it on a 2.5` laptop hdd connected to the ide port.
I wil also send you a working version of coreboot + seabios you can
play with.
It is configured for ide.
You wil need the geode video driver in the kernel to see something.
Or you could use a serial connection.
Beware there are some issues most notably loading fallback/coreboot_ram
takes ~35 seconds so you have to be a little patience while booting.

Nils