[coreboot] [patch] fix unexpacted MTRR setup for UMA memory

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Fri Nov 5 04:13:07 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org [mailto:coreboot-bounces at coreboot.org] On Behalf Of Rudolf Marek
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 06:07 PM
To: coreboot at coreboot.org
Subject: Re: [coreboot] [patch] fix unexpacted MTRR setup for UMA memory

]Hi,
]
]I just want to tell "me too", so question is we go to direction of claiming less
]ram_resource as intel do or others.

So far there has been no comments about non-AMD UMA systems. This is one of several
items that need to be resolved before the trunk can support Win7 for AMS UMA systems.

]Is the AMD uma limited to < 4GB?

The RS780 frame buffer can be placed above 4GB. I remember booting a
Tilapia board a while back and finding the frame buffer is above 4GB
by default. A setup option can be used to select above or below.

]Thanks,
]Rudolf