[coreboot] Buying a new mainboard. Which vendors support coreboot?

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Sun Nov 7 01:01:35 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 11:52:27PM +0200, Niklas Cholmkvist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like a mainboard from a vendor that supports coreboot, but also
> has an Intel GMA(3D acceleration) on the same mainboard.(Intel GMA
> because of my percieved 'good 3D FLOSS drivers'...though irrelevant to
> coreboot)
> I've read that AMD is very supportive of coreboot. Do you think it's
> possible that there is an AMD mainboard with an Intel GMA(3D
> acceleration) on it?

I don't think so. I think the bus between the CPU and northbridge
is different, and it can't be easily done. And if it could be done
I don't see Intel willing. It's the same reason there aren't intel
addon graphic cards.

But if you find one please tell me. I ended up with and AMD cpu + nvidia
vga in order to at least have nouveau, but I hate buying from nvidia.