[coreboot] [commit] r5900 - trunk/src/lib

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 18:05:14 CEST 2010

> repository service wrote:
> > lzma.c is already included unconditionally in the same file.
> ..
> > -ramstage-$(CONFIG_COMPRESSED_PAYLOAD_LZMA) += lzma.c
>
> Why include lzma.c unconditionally if the payload will not be
> compressed?

CONFIG_COMPRESSED_PAYLOAD_LZMA != CONFIG_COMPRESSED_PAYLOAD_LZMA_SUPPORTED
This config option is for adding the payload, not for all payloads.

Right now we don't have a good way to advertise lzma support in a coreboot
image.

If build coreboot with no payload (CONFIG_COMPRESSED_PAYLOAD_LZMA = n), then
add a payload with cbfstool, how does cbfstool know that you can't handle a
compressed payload?

In selfboot.c, the code assumes that lzma support is always present for that
reason.

I don't know how much difference it makes.  You'd have to modify a few
places in the code to be able to build an image without lzma support.

Thanks,
Myles