[coreboot] Trac spam

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Oct 2 20:09:49 CEST 2010

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > I am simply bringing it up so that we can get the matter resolved.

Gregg, it is not really so easy to resolve. We do want the bug
tracker to be easy to add information to.

> Yes, it sucks!

So far I don't think it's too bad, but there will be more of course.

> The alternative is to have people complaining they can't post tickets
> without an (svn) account.

Maybe a Trac account would be sufficient. I'm run other Trac
instances with the requirement that an account is created (with email
address, so that people will receive ticket updates) and the email
address must be verified (random string link in email) before the
account can actually use Trac. This works well so far.

Sandia have developed a Trac plugin to allow moderators to process
all input to Trac, it looks good, but it seems to fit the best only
when the group of moderators is very much homogenous, and when
everyone have equal desire to help with moderation. I was hesitant to
implement it in other Tracs.

> For some reason the captcha in trac's spam-filter plugin does not
> seem to work. If someone knows how to get this combo working,
> please drop me a note,...

What's the failure mode? One spam filter plugin has this scoring
system where a captcha is only one source of points. Maybe it needs
more configuration? Let's take it off-list.

//Peter