[coreboot] Trac spam

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 2 23:05:17 CEST 2010

On 02.10.2010 21:25, Warren Turkal wrote:
> I know I am probably going to take crap over this suggestion, but why
> don't we use something like sourceforge for the ticketing system. It
> seems like there is a lot of distraction in maintaining the project
> infrastructure like bug tracker, wiki, etc.

I have used sourceforge for a project before, and believe me, it sucks.
Big time. Maybe they fixed some stuff, but the mailing list archives at
sourceforge are still the worst I have ever seen. Even running mbox
files through "more" has better usability.
svn and cvs at sourceforge are usually unreachable or extremely slow,
the download interface is clumsy, and thus the only remaining service
would be a ticket system. No idea if that can be integrated with
coreboot.org, and if that integration would be less work than fixing the
captcha issues with spam in trac (or moderating all trac comments which
contain hyperlinks).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--