[coreboot] an AMD based platform

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Sun Oct 3 16:34:54 CEST 2010

]If I were you, I would research the socket AM3 boards like the following:
]You might also find something useful in the socket AM2 boards:

There are good choices. A bonus of choosing an AMD RS780/SB700 system
is that you can use AMD simnow to debug. For learning coreboot, I chose
ECS A780GM-M3. This board can boot both family 0Fh and family 10h
processors. For coreboot work I am using only the newer family 10h
processor. I based the coreboot port on mahogany_fam10.

]BTW, I found the socket AM3 boards with the following command in the
]root of my coreboot working copy:
]$ for d in $(for f in $(rgrep -l AM3 src/mainboard/); do dirname $f;
]done); do echo ${d##src/mainboard/}; done | sort -u