[coreboot] coreboot certified hardware

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Mon Oct 4 02:16:52 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM, xdrudis <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
>> Booting into a certain OS is clearly not the only bar that we should
>> be looking for. It would need to comply with various standards like
>> ACPI, etc.
>
> It might be one of the bars. On the other hand ACPI compliance could
> be certified by the ACPI consortium (there is one, I guess...), maybe .
> Likewise for any other standard.

I think that we should require ACPI compliance as it is an integral
part of modern computing on X86 hardware, and it makes enumeration
significantly more efficient or just plain possible in some cases.

Also, I think that we need to be quite careful about overloading our
users with information. Otherwise, out users will be overwhelmed and
will not understand everything that we try to communicate with them.

Thanks,
wt