[coreboot] PCI register read/mod/write code

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 03:49:30 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Apparently enabling warnings will break compilation if I understood Uwe
> correctly.

so we're going to build this complex C pre-processor macro foo,
further extending our dependence on the way the compilers work, when
the real issue is that we've disabled warnings?

And we'll fix one case, but we won't fix all the other potential
errors involving incorrect types?

After all, someone can still assign a u32 to a u8 and still get things lost.

I think we need to fix the real problem, the disabled warnings.

ron